11/08/2007

Rainstorms and Podcasts

At 6:30 I had to get together with some friends and record another episode of our podcast blogotemático. The place we meet is quite close to my house, so it´s perfect walking distance, but awkward to use public transportation to get there. Today, as soon as I stepped out of my house, a torrential downpour fell and I was completely soaked by the time I got there.

Being wet when I know I can´t get immediately dry and warm makes me angry. I start fuming and my mood spirals downward from there. It´s completely different when it´s raining and I´m heading home: then I´m quite prone to ditching the umbrella and once I get home stripping off my drenched clothes, bundling into warm pjs and settling down with a cup of hot tea. But to be outside with puddles in my shoes and having clammy wet jeans sticking to my calves annoys me to no end. I wasn´t fit company by the time I got to the coffee shop at the Parque de los Pies Descalzos . So I sat down, took out my knitting and lowered my aggressiveness to humane levels.

I have gotten better at managing my anger: I now carry items that make me happier to assist this process. This time I had a flask of hot chocolate in my bag, a cream chease and goldenberry jam sandwich, the sock I´m knitting and a dry wool sweater in my bag. After some self induced therapy I was able to enjoy the usual banter on what goes on in the Colombian and international blog scene, and record with no mishaps.

If you understand Spanish, you can download our latest episode of Podcast Blogotemático, where we discussed my adventures at Pop!Tech as the Latin American Spanish language live-blogger who didn´t look the part but played it well, the terrible BLOG magazine the largest publishing house in Colombia created (I´ve analyzed Semana´s BLOG magazine in this article) which is basically a teen magazine without even a website of its own to justify its name, and we reach the conclusion that mainstream media in Colombia have NO idea of what is going on in the wilde internets, capping off with the terrible episode in losbloggers.tv (which doesn´t have anything to do with blogs) where they say that mac´s Operating System is Linux.

No comments: